My thoughts - as posted Nov. 5 2008

So this is what God taught me while I was praying for this election:

I spent several nights in my room (as many of you know) crying, begging and pleading with God about this election. I begged for mercy and for Him not to turn us over to ourselves. I pleaded with Him to stop the corruption in the voter registration fraud and show the world His power by allowing a McCain victory (even though, it was really impossible because of all the fraud). There were two times that I really felt God speak to me.

Once while I was laying on the floor of my room and I was staring at the ceiling bawling over 2 Chronicles 7:14. I was begging God not to let my sin, my failures keep me from what He had for this nation. I remember saying, “God, if it were up to me, up to my life, up to the way I live without sin; if You said, ‘The fate of America rests on your ability to turn from your sin’ or ‘how you live your life’ then America would lose. Because I have sin that I hold on to.” And then God just said to me, “But the problem is, that verse is talking about people who are just like you, it’s because of you and people who are like you, who hang on to their sin, just like you, that I allow My nation to be the way it is.”

I was overwhelmed.

Then today as I was driving I was asking God to give me peace. I got on facebook and everyone was exploding. Dems were freaking out and reps were freaking out. Everyone was emo charged. So, when I left for lunch I just started asking God for peace. The same peace that God had given me the day before when I asked Him for it. I then said, “God, I’m just disappointed and I need peace to get over it.” Then God reminded me of what had actually happened last night.

Jeff Cloud won by 40%
Dana Murphy won at 52% over Jim “the snake” Roth.
Jim Inhofe won at 56% over punk kid Andrew “I’m a really bad liar” Rice.
John Sullivan, Frank Lucas, Tom Cole, Marry Fallin, and Jonathan Nichols all won.
Brian Maughn won County Commissioner (I don’t know by what margin but it was a tough race as well)
Dan Newberry won at 63% over Nancy “I switch my party after elected” Riley.
Jim Reynolds won by 159 votes. This was after a smear campaign by his opponent David Boren who lied and was funded completely by lawyers from Washington D. C. and he only started campaigning two weeks ago. Jerk. Anyway…
Randy Terrill won at 62% over his slimy opponent Troy Green.
Sally Kern won at 58% over her opponent, Ron Marlett that was funded by activist homosexual groups from California and he started campaigning against her long before hers started.
Mike Christian won a very tough race for Al Lindley’s seat. He has been campaigning for almost 2 years and has done a fantastic, clean campaign. He received 54% over the other two opponents.

And the list goes on and on.

Long story short, Oklahoma Reps picked up 3 seats and Senators picked up 2. This gives republicans the (can you believe it) FIRST ever Republican congressional majority. This is the first time in OK’s history that Republican’s will have a majority in the house and the senate. It was after God ran all that through my mind that He said, “And you’re unhappy? You think that I ignored you and all your pleading and begging?” This made me realize that God had provided for me. The people who actually govern me, not some bully-pulpit suit in the distance was actually on my side. They were the ones I asked for and they were the ones I needed. And I wouldn't trade these election results for any other. So, just as I was feeling all cocky God immediately said, “Why don’t you beg me to protect My country every day? Why aren’t you on the floor crying, begging Me to keep you safe every night?”

My friends (ha, get it?), we should not pray for our country just during election season. It shouldn’t even be more during election season. That’s when our elected officials aren’t doing anything to govern us, they’re just campaigning. We should be praying, begging, pleading, crying, discussing, debating (*gasp*), and educating ourselves throughout the years and our peak times should be the times that are the furthest away from election cycles, because that’s when our governors are actually doing something to govern us. So, if you, like many others and myself, had a fire lit under you to pray for our country’s leaders and the elections don’t let the fire die. We should be on our knees every night begging God not to give us over to ourselves and to keep interceding in our government. Think of it this way, today is the first day of working for 2010 (yes, there are elections then) and 2012. Call your county chairmen and find out who your precinct chair is. Go knock some doors, go to some meetings, go meet some officials, go get informed and by doing that, you will be fulfilling your stewardship to Christ with the responsibility that He has given you called the American Dream.

Stop being silent or whining. Go.

Speak up for those who have no voice. Speak up for those who are oppressed. Speak up, judge righteously and defend the cause of the oppressed and the needy!
Proverbs 31: 8-9

0 comments:

Post a Comment