What They Didn't Put in the Spider-Man Movies


They just don't write those screen plays like they used to. At one point, it was okay to stay close to the story line, have an unashamedly "American" theme, and have heroes that were just that. Heroes. No crazy deep-seeded psychological issues questioning their own manhood. They were just guys who did the right thing just because it was the right thing.

I read the below quote under a friend's facebook profile "favorite quotes" section. It was attributed to "unknown". After reading it, I determined that this quote was worthy of attribution and immediately began my bing.com search. I expected to find that some great American historical figure said this while under tremendous pressure from a wave of dark and evil forces. See what you think:

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth and tell the whole world--

--No you move."

The great hero who said this: Captain America

I believe the author of the attached site said it best,

"I guess I'm getting old and sentimental, but I swear sitting there reading a Spider-Man comic book of all things, I felt like I could almost shed a tear.

This is what heroes are all about whether real or imagined, the ability to inspire."

They just don't write 'em like they used to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment